Just like any other communication tool, it is best to think about email marketing, without the use of a computer, paper and ink. Emails that have what would usually be sent in the mail can be sent as postcards advertising an upcoming new deal, a new item or even give respected clients coupons. The way they do this is to obtain email addresses from current clients and potential clients. Getting a search page on your website is the best route to do this. A call to action envelope, for example, that allows customers or potential customers to sign up for email offers. This helps you to receive the email address legitimately, and use it to deliver marketing material via subscribers.
There are companies which provide bulk email lists out there. There are risks that need to be addressed for this, however. You have to remember that you can only send emails to those you are allowed to send this email to. But purchasing email addresses isn’t always the best option. Keep in mind that the US has a 2003 CAN-SPAM Law that lays out what a company can and can’t do in email marketing. If you would like to learn more about this, please check out Email Marketing for Purchased Lists.
Knowing the 2003 CAN-SPAM Act There are a few rules to keep in mind when submitting email marketing materials:
- A) Please make sure the subject line relays what you’re thinking about and is not wrong or misleading in any way. A good subject line would be, for example: Free Offer to Loyal Customers Only 7/5! A subject line would be misleading: You’ve won $100!
- B) Please guarantee that the To and Fr are identified correctly, you will insure that your name or business name is described in such a manner that readers can see who sent the message
- C) At the end of the text, an opt-out contact is provided. If they so choose, you need to give readers the option to stop accepting your email marketing messages.
- D) All email messages sent as ads must include this detail in the correspondence. Furthermore, the company listed in the email must have a physical address.
Businesses found guilty of abuse of marketing strategies by email can be charged up to $11,000. Worse, they can lose the right to send emails, or even lose the right to have an infringing page.
Methods of Email Marketing Consumers or potential customers may access almost anything via online. Organizations that use email marketing can mostly be put in one of three categories:
- Promotional Emails: Such emails are intended to show some sales that may be occurring, and are intended to encourage a buyer to purchase a product or to continue to purchase items because of the sale / low price.
- Daily communication: Such communications are intended as a way of keeping in contact with customers. It’s basically a way to reach out and hold a client as your consumer, creating loyalty to the company.
- Support emails: Such emails are identical to promotional emails, although they can be sent as a fun postcard style of email, contains limited details that simply tells the ad. For example: 20 per cent off online shopping: Just today!
How this will benefit you is simple: email marketing is a way of reaching current clients and finding new clients! There are 5 important aspects which can assist with email marketing:
- Email marketing has the potential to increase the revenue you have.
- You ensure your company is always on the minds of customers by email marketing.
- By using email you help to make sure clients become repeat customers.
- This can help to establish that you are the company for a certain product or service to move to.
- Through sending out newsletters, you build and maintain relationships with customers.
Beginning Email Marketing There are several tools out there that are designed to help make a great start to your email marketing plan. Nevertheless, you need the email addresses first. Getting a way for clients to sign up for updates from your company is one of the best methods for this. A great way to do that is to have a page on your website to sign up. Another way is to obtain such email addresses while purchasing or placing orders for that reason.
On the web, there are several applications that can be used to deliver mass emails to the contacts you have. Two samples of these services are:-Constant Contact-Campaigner-iContact-Mailigen Such systems will take time to start, as you need to find out when these emails are going out, how often they are going out, the message and all the details needed to make this email a good one. There are avenues to get around doing this, though, as you can recruit a doctor for you to do it. Which is perfect for those who can run their company on their own, or who really have no idea what to do to make the enterprise a success.