Small and large companies will often try a provider that will not compete with their regular business to provide them with commercial roofing services. Many roofing companies will just have special services for commercial property. Leaving parking lots clear of litter and having entrance ways clean of obstructions to keep your business going smoothly.You may want to check out roofing mistakes for more.
For your commercial building there are several styles of roofing to choose from. Of course, selection can depend on costs, the slope of your roof and the weather conditions in your area.
- Asphalt Shingles These are the most common type of shingles used today on residential buildings and commercial buildings. Such shingles can last from 20 to 30 years, being covered with organic material, wood fibers or fiberglass. Also made of asphalt, laminated shingles come in a variety of colors and textures that give this shingle the appearance of more expensive shake or slate tiles. Such shingles which are more common can last between 25 and 50 years.
- Metal Roofing Sheet, Brass, Standing Seam, Wire Knot, and Copper are just a few of the components used as industrial roofing today. Metal roofing can last from 30 and 50 years if properly installed, which is just as often the more costly asphalt shingles. Metal roofing isn’t as expensive as tile or slate roofing. Aluminum roofing was known to rust, oxidize and peel in the past but many producers sought the solution to this problem. This style of roofing can survive the most extreme weather but when struck with hail, dent was identified. Now we are offering a new granulated coating to prevent this result. Although more costly than aluminium, copper is another choice. You can expect it to last until 100 years with a copper roof.
- Wood Shakes The rest of the roof shakes are constructed of cedar and fir, spruce or more generally. Hand break shakes off that rough and dense look many are hunting for. Currently most wood shingles are made using a tool. This gives it a smooth finish which makes the installation easier. Cedar is the first alternative for wood shakes, promising a life of up to 30 years. They appear brown or red in color when shakes are first installed but expect the weather to fade the real wood and leave it a soft grey. Construction for wooden shingles can be up to 50 per cent higher than other roofing styles.
- Slate Shingles shingles are easier to mount and tougher to remove. We will bring charm to any home although they are easily breakable. This roof can last from 45 to 70 years and, if properly installed, some say it will last longer than 100 years. Such vivid and vibrant shingles can bring to your construction a high price, charging up to 400 per cent more than other products.
- Tile Roofing Tile is often made of clay but it can be made of concrete or even rubber as well. Tile roofing is available today in a broad variety of colors and designs. Clay is more costly than concrete tiles but the tiles have the same simple value, longevity and look. That form of tile is often very heavy for more than 50 years and may require extra support from your roof.
Whether you have a new roofing system or are re-roofing your commercial building, make sure to choose the roofing company that can do the best work for you. It will be your best bet to pick a firm that has built the roofs for commercial buildings previously. Tell if you can show a work they’ve recently completed. Make sure to ask about your specific needs, such as a flat roof that is often used on commercial buildings, ventilation, air vents and other obstructions to the house. Even ask to see a permission to build a roof.